The power button is iPhone has a number of uses. Infact since it is one of the few buttons that an iPhone device has it can do a lot of functions. Below are only a few most common uses of the iPhone power button
- The power button if pressed once can put the phone in sleep mode and alternatly wake it up
- The power button if pressed for 3 seconds gives and option to shut down the phone.
- The button if pressed when an incoming call is there puts the call on silent and if pressed twice rejects the call.
- The button when pressed with the home button takes a screen snap, see http://mywebexperience.com/iphone/capture-screen-shot-in-iphone-solution/
- The power button if kept pressed for more than 10 seconds, caused the iphone to directly shutdown
- The power button is used to put the phone in DFU mode when we need to restore the a firmwire on iPhone
Also see uses of HOME button in iPhone
tags: power button use, value of power button