I was having great problem uploading database to phpmyadmin, especially when it becomes greater than 2MB.
Method 1- Using Putty
You need Putty, SSH access, and the database file.
- Just upload the complete database file .sql into your server using any file transfer programs.
- Create a empty database if already not there. (use database wizard if you are using cPanel).
- Then logon to your server using SSH access (Putty) and go to the directory where you have uploaded your .sql file and run the following command.
- mysql -u USERNAME -p -h localhost DATABASENAME < FILENAME.sql
- You will be asked password for mysql user.
- Over – (To upload a .sql file of 700 MB from server to database it took me just 10 seconds)
If you have any questions please do let me know.